CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Search the Web

Custom Search

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

BZZ Agent---Inbox Dollars

http://www.bzzagent.com//p/4531142079/DaisyMaeXena

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bye Bye Ohio Street Bridge (pictures included)

The bridge going across Ohio Street in Racine, Wisconsin came down Saturday, 7 June 2008.
This is what I did on my Saturday morning.
Ha Ha Ha
I left to go grocery shopping with my mother shortly after the first half of the bridge came down.
Of course that is when something interesting happened.
You can not tell but off to the right of the first picture is our driveway
and one of the crew parked his pick-up truck sideways across the driveway.
I bet you can guess what happened next being the intelligent people you are.....
yeppers it got hit by a piece of the bridge.
I guess someone did not think the piece was as close as it was.
I wonder how they explained that one to the boss and the insurance company.
Hee hee hee.
I sure wish I had been home to get a picture of that...oh well.










It seems so strange not seeing the bridge outside the window anymore.
If I remember right it went up the summer before I started kindergarten
and that was 1969.
Yes I am showing my age and I do not care....ha ha ha.

I am going to miss being able to go up on the bridge to look out and see what is happening or to take pictures. I really enjoyed doing that and when my nieces and nephews visit they always liked going up on the bridge. I keep wondering what my grandparents and father would think of all the changes. I have one brother that has not been back here in over 20 years. I bet he would not even know where anything is anymore. It is hard to believe all the changes that have taken place since I graduated in 1982. I just wish more of it was for the positive instead of the negative.

0 comments:

Search the Web

Custom Search

Buzz Agent--Frog Pond

Frogpond Badge

Buzz Agent Cover Girl Campaign