CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Search the Web

Custom Search

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

BZZ Agent---Inbox Dollars

http://www.bzzagent.com//p/4531142079/DaisyMaeXena

Friday, April 18, 2008

Construction 2008, Ohio Street, Racine, Wisconsin


The first 2 are taken from our front step. This one is taken from the side of the house.
This one was taken across the street half-way down the steps of the bridge by our house.
This was also taken from the front step of our house.

This started about 2 - 3 weeks ago up a couple of blocks from my house.
From what I can understand they will be doing the following (unless something changes):


1. They are redoing the water pipes.


2. They are redoing the corners that already have wheelchair access, but I guess it is still too steep according to federal law.

(My question is they did not know this when they did this years ago?)


3. The crossover bridge is supposedly coming down.

(At first I thought why are they tearing down a perfectly useful bridge that a lot of people would still use, but I was up on it today and it is getting a little too rusty.)


4. I have been told that there is a traffic light going up on my corner.
I guess we will have to wait and see.


5. There is a hill in the street and they are going to fix that.
My mom and brother were talking to some of the men yesterday and apparently they are only going to dig up part of the road and push it futher down the road to help level it out some.
That should be interesting to see. Ha Ha.
I hope I am off work when they do that so I can get pictures.
I am the only one that has bothered to figure out how to use the digital camera.


So here now are a few pictures with more to come throughout the summer.
I know the first one is blurry but I was having trouble focusing because he was moving too fast and the light was in my eyes. I did take more pictures, but I hope you get the idea of how close they are to our houses and trees and everything else.


0 comments:

Search the Web

Custom Search

Buzz Agent--Frog Pond

Frogpond Badge

Buzz Agent Cover Girl Campaign