CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Search the Web

Custom Search

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

BZZ Agent---Inbox Dollars

http://www.bzzagent.com//p/4531142079/DaisyMaeXena

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Making a Printable List Takes Time

I decided to make up a printable grocery list today.

I did not finish it. It is strange as I sit down to do it from memory how much we actually buy. There is it seems an endless amount of things we buy for the house on a regular basis.

Think of it as categories like dairy, meat, deli, bakery, produce (fruits and vegetables), canned products (fruit, vegetables, tomato products, baked beans, tuna, et cetera), boxed items (pasta, instant potatoes for some people, cereal, and so on).

It is not just like potatoes or onions it is what kind of potatoes are you buying red, russet, baking, yams, sweet, Yukon gold, and so many more choices.

I know most people would just write down potatoes, grapes, or onions. I look at the ads or what is in season and get that whenever possible. Sometimes I do get what is not on sale if it is not too expensive and I am really in the mood for it like watermelon in the middle of January in the North.

I have not even made it to the other necessities like toothpaste, shampoo, cleaning supplies and such. It is absolutely crazy how many different products we buy either daily, weekly, or monthly.

I am going to make a complete list eventually first by going around the house and writing it down on paper and then finish typing it into the computer. Oh what I have already typed is on four pages because I have the list column followed by a NEED column with an IN CART column next to it. I might add a SALE column and maybe a COUPON column following the in cart column. I have not decided that yet, but it does sound like a good idea. It might help me get the sale and coupon items first.

I am considering putting the multi-page list in one of those three pronged pocket folder so I can put the coupons that go with the list with it easier along with the sales flyers.

I have a feeling after completing this project I will be looking for ways to pare down what we buy or find double duty items (especially in the cleaning area). We have done that a little bit, but we need to do a better job. I need to find out what exactly the family likes when it comes to certain flavors of things like soup and other items so they do not sit on the shelf going bad.

Thanks for reading my out loud online babbling.

Have a great day wherever you are in the world.

0 comments:

Search the Web

Custom Search

Buzz Agent--Frog Pond

Frogpond Badge

Buzz Agent Cover Girl Campaign