CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Search the Web

Custom Search

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

BZZ Agent---Inbox Dollars

http://www.bzzagent.com//p/4531142079/DaisyMaeXena

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Concrete Poured--Ohio Street 1 July 2008

Here are a few pictures of the
concrete being poured today,
Tuesday 1 July 2008.




Apparently this is according to my brother the hardest job performed today. The picture above this. Mmmmm....I wonder? This was very heavy to push and in some spots took four men to push. I wonder if it was a little easier going down the hill for them?

How would like to have to deal with a flat tire while you had a truck with wet cement in it? I know I would not like to....LOL...this happened right in front of me and boy was it loud. Yes I did jump!!!! The driver still dumped the cement and then got out of the way while someone else brought a tire and changed it.

I do not know what happened after I went to work, I guess the same as before I went to work. The crew started before 6 a.m. and they started at 16th Street and went south. I do not know the exact time they started pouring the concrete, but I do not think it was much past 6 a.m.

It is a long slow hard and tiring job these men are doing. I am glad I am not the one doing it. When the crew started this morning it was rather chilly out and by the time I left to go to work in the early afternoon it was already around 80 degrees.

Once the crew started they did not stop even to eat. There are not many people out there willing to do that. They just ate while working or when they had to wait for something. The white stuff in the one picture is a kind of wax to keep the sun from drying the concrete too fast.

It was an interesting morning that even brought out a few neighbors to watch.

0 comments:

Search the Web

Custom Search

Buzz Agent--Frog Pond

Frogpond Badge

Buzz Agent Cover Girl Campaign